Friday, April 23, 2010

JIM ED BROWN & HELEN CORNELIUS - I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO MARRY YOU



Jim Ed Brown & Helen Cornelius - I Don't Want to Have to Marry You


On the way home from a Shouldice Lake trip, I stopped at a garage sale where Highway 6 met back with 21 and let me tell you, this place was decked with a killer section of records. One of the six or so I picked up was an album called "Great Country Hits of the 70s" (as seen on TV!). The last song on the first side was a real slow, beautiful burner called "I Don't Want to Have to Marry You." It was pretty enough to warrant a hunt for the whole album. This thing is worth that song alone, though their harmonies kill all over it. Hell, this collab was so good, they broke up with their families and started sharing spit.

No comments:

Post a Comment